Monday, May 31, 2010

He made it!!

Josey's graduation from Morgan High was Friday night.  We thought he would graduate from Layton High (where he attended most his high school years) but the last of December he moved back up to his mom's house.  The class of 2010 graduating from Morgan High was a fraction of the class from Layton High, we thought this meant a shorter ceremony, no such luck.  They just added 3x as many speakers...and talk about a difference between one school to another.  I always thought Layton took it to seriously, they would not even let them throw their caps up in the air after it was over, totally ridiculous.  On the other hand Morgan took their graduation...well...as a joke kind of.  Disorganized, most the students had bedazzled their caps and gowns and wore sun glasses.  I know they were trying to be cute but I thought they went to far the other direction.  During a particularly weird skit (yes, a skit about a ghost named "Bouncing Betty") I was thinking "this is THE weirdest graduation I have ever been to"  just as the person behind me said "this is...the most lighthearted graduation I have seen", she was being kind by calling it lighthearted, I guess that was a good way to look at it.  Me, I think it was weird and at times a little uncomfortable.  But Josey is through with High School and we are very proud of him for seeing it through!