Tuesday, November 9, 2010

National Adoption Month


As I sit and wonder what words to write about how I feel about adoption and National Adoption Month my heart is so full the words won't come easy.  Our family has been blessed in so many ways by the selflessness and pure love adoption brings.  Over a year ago Meghan placed Kayden into the loving arms of a wonderful father and mother who would raise and love her son.  They also prove everyday to be her best friends, they are two of her strongest cheerleaders in life and are always there for her.  It was one of the most amazing, emotional, heart wrenching and love filled experience our family has ever been through.  When I read Meghan's thoughts as she recounts that day I'm touched beyond words.  I testify that what she says is true.  She was encircled by angels and the arms of Our Father in Heaven as she did as she felt best for her son she loves so much.  In this month of Adoption Awarness it is my hope that many more families will be blessed by this great sacrifice of love.  Meghan has built a great many wonderful relationships and sisterhood with many beautiful young women who have been in this same situation.  I'm am so eternally grateful that Meghan recognized the answers to her prayers and has such a strong faith in Our Father in Heaven and in His Son, Jesus Christ.  I know that she will be blessed beyond mesure throughout her life, and I'm proud to say that this amazing and strong young woman is my daughter.  The road ahead is still long, some days can be tough, the pain and emotion can bring you to your knees, but I can say without a doubt, the good far outweighs the bad and the Lord is still right beside us, and Kayden is one of the happiest little guys around!